The Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic games is only 8 days away. I don’t feel particularly exciting about the Olympic although I am living in the hosting city. Here are my top ten reasons why I don’t like Vancouver hosting the Olympic.
- None of the Winter Olympic events is interesting, except Ice Hockey
- I could not get any Olympic tickets, so it makes no difference to me whether or not it is in Vancouver. I am watching it on TV anways
- Millions of tourists comes to town disturb my normal life. It is a lot harder to make restaurant reservations and everything cost more during the Olympic
- The road closure in the city makes rush hour traffic across the city a nightmare.
- The Canadian team uniform really ugly. Roots definitely have better designers than The Bay.
- The Olympic will blow a black hole in the city’s budget. Prepare for tax raise after the Games
- Most of the Olympic events are held during the day when I am at work. My productivity would greatly suffer during that two weeks
- The Olympic mascots does not make sense and there are four of them. Why don’t they simply use a beaver or a Canadian moose
- The Sea to Sky Highway only got a half-ass upgrade. It should have 4 lanes all the way from Vancouver to Whistler and bypass all the traffic lights in Squamish
- The Sea to Sky Highway is closed during the Games and no one can drive to Whistler. Olympic interrupts my ski season!
and most important of all,